Choi Ha Estate Kit Sam Kindergarten
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2021/22 School Year
K1 (Nursery Class)： 2 years and 8 months — 4 years (Children aged 2 years and 8 months in September admission)
K2 (Lower Class)：4 – 5 years
K3 (Upper Class)：5 – 6 years
|Whole Day Class||8:50a.m.-4:25p.m.
(Late 5:30 p.m.)
(Late 5:30 p.m.)
(Late 5:30 p.m.)
Collection of application Forms (No quota):
- Download from school website
- Obtain from school in person
- Date: 14/09/2020 (Monday) to 23/10/2020 (Friday)
- Time: 9:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Mondays to Fridays)
9:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Saturday)
01/10/2020, 02/10/2020, the school is day off.
Return of Application Forms (No set quota for the kindergarten):
1.Return method: Submit the application form together with the documents required (including identity document) in person / by post.
a) Return by post: Mail to our school and indicate “Admission Application” on the envelope. The application fee should be paid by a crossed cheque and payable to “Choi Ha Estate Kit Sam Kindergarten”
b) Return in-person: Mondays to Saturdays, the application fee can be paid by cash
2. Submit documents︰
a) The child’s personal passport photo (33x48mm),
b) Birth certificate and the photocopy
c) Four self-addressed envelopes, stamped at $ 2 dollars each.
d) Photocopy Certificate of Baptism (if any)
* If failed to submit the above documents, application will not be considered.
3. Application fee (if applicable): HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form.). The application fee is non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
Period: 14/9/2020 (Monday) to 23/10/2020 (Friday)
- Time: 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. (Mondays to Fridays) /
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the kindergarten (KG) education scheme (hereafter referred to as “Scheme”), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit children holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to the EDB from September to November 2020. The RC will be open for applications in September 2020 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto the EDB’s website (https://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the RC to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a child cannot obtain an RC as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme, the EDB will then issue a Kindergarten Admission Pass (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the child concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the KG will be given due priority consideration
- The applicant from families in need of whole day / long whole day classes will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day / long whole day classes
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- The KG will arrange interview for all applicants
- Interviews will be conducted from 7/11/2020 (Saturday) and notification will be sent to parents separately
- Group and/or individual interviews will be arranged
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview
- Please contact us at 23051443 if interpretation / translation service is required
Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 5 December 2020 by post.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 7 to 8 January 2021 (Centralised Registration Dates) by submitting the RC / AP to the KG and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the KG. Parents are required to submit the RC / AP to the KG and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the RC / AP during registration, the KG may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to the EDB within the specified period.